Search engine optimization (SEO) is a never-ending process. It seems like every time you optimize your site, Google launches a new algorithm, and you must start all over again to bring your site to the top. Fortunately, some programs can help you with auditing and monitoring your site based on how search engines such as Google perceive it.
Managing a website necessitates a significant amount of effort and time. These days, it is not enough to create and upload high-quality content. To successfully gain traffic, you must keep a close eye on a variety of data to determine your website’s position, competition and other important factors.
If you are still having trouble writing a good piece of content for your website, go to the best essay writing services review website for assistance. Auditing is one of the most important SEO processes for determining a website’s search engine compatibility. Effective website monitoring is also necessary for maintaining a high ranking and attracting a larger audience.
Best Tools for SEO Audit and Monitoring
Each algorithm brings us one step closer to more relevant search results. In today’s market, there are many helpful tools designed to help with it. Some of them are paid, while others offer a free trial. With a proper approach, they will help you see your website as Google sees it.
These tools are essential for your standard search strategy because they allow you to focus on elements of your site that Google considers important. Let’s take a closer look at the most popular tools for auditing and monitoring your website’s performance.
1. HubSpot Website Grader
Website Grader is a free online tool. It generates customized reports based on the key metrics of your website:
- Performance: The tool examines the size of your site’s pages, the number of made requests, the speed of your site, and key SEO indicators.
- Mobile-friendliness: It checks whether your site is mobile-friendly and accessible for users who seek services and products via smartphones.
- SEO: The tool uses this parameter to figure out how easy it will be for customers and search engines to find your website. It looks at page indexes, meta descriptions, content plugins, and descriptive link text, among other things.
Go to HubSpot’s Website Grader and enter your URL and email address to get an assessment of your website. The tool will generate all of the data in a matter of seconds and send it to you as a report.
Ahrefs is a paid service that analyzes your website data and generates keyword, link and rating profiles to assist you in making better content decisions. It provides four main tools to accomplish this:
- Site Explorer: It displays the performance of the selected web pages on your site;
- Content Explorer: It can help you find high-performance web pages for specific keywords and topics;
- Keyword Explorer: It generates a monthly search volume and clicks rating for specific keywords;
- Website Audit: This tool not only scans the specified verticals in your domain but also identifies many technical issues at the page level.
GrowthBar is a Google Chrome extension. It allows you to conduct keyword research and competition analysis and track your SEO rating. Users are given a five-day free trial period.
Using the GrowthBar, you can directly access the data points of any website and assess your competitors’ performance and which growth channels, keywords, backlinks and ads work for them. It examines your site’s primary settings:
- Keywords and backlinks: The tool allows you to see which paid and organic keywords are driving the most traffic to a specific website, and a list of the most authoritative backlinks pointing to the website.
- Keyword complexity assessment: It allows you to quickly assess how difficult it will be to rank a specific keyword based on the power of domain authority in the URL ranking on the first page.
- The number of words: This parameter allows you to view the number of words on any page directly from the search engine.
- Facebook Ads: Checking this parameter will allow you to see if the site displays Facebook ads and how they look.
- Keyword suggestions: It shows a list of related keywords with ratings and the number of their queries and prices per click.
This tool also provides a free 14-day trial. It also enables you to conduct in-depth analysis and identify opportunities for optimizing and improving your site.
This analysis considers the efficacy of existing SEO initiatives, social networks, usability, and many other factors. Each of the generated reports includes information on the following parameters:
- Marketing Checklist
- Used technologies
- Social data reporting
- Local data reporting
- Visitors’ activity
5. Check My Links
This is a free tool for checking broken links. It enables the publisher or editor to easily make changes before the page is published.
Check My Links highlights all useful links in green and those that are broken down in red, making it easy to identify those that do not work or are no longer active.
6. Found’s SEO Audit Tool
It is an easy-to-use free tool for website owners looking to identify (and correct) common SEO errors on their websites. This helpful tool allows you to conduct a thorough analysis in a matter of minutes. To get an automatic SEO audit of your site, copy and paste your URL link into the tool.
The audit is divided into three stages:
- Detection of technical issues: This stage includes detection and reporting of such issues as the canonization of domains and XML site maps.
- Content issues: It involves assessing such important data as keywords and metadata.
- External links analysis: It is aimed at assessing the number and quality of the links.
After you run the audit, the tool allows you to generate reports to share with your team and/or customers to gain a better understanding of your progress.
7. Varvy’s SEO Overview Tool
This is a free SEO auditing tool. It informs website owners about their domain’s strength, links, SEO images, social counters and mentions, search/technical SEO, page speed, etc.
In less than a minute, the tool will generate a detailed report that displays various aspects of your site’s efficiency. To indicate the severity of the problem, Varvy’s SEO Overview Tool uses green ticks, red Xs and yellow exclamation marks. If you use too many words, skip alternative text or the alternative text appears weak, the tool will alert you so that you can make any necessary changes.
8. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a search marketer’s best friend. It offers users a free “Lite” version.
This tool is designed specifically for SEO-oriented users. It scans websites that you specify by examining URLs for common SEO issues. This program simplifies and speeds up the time-consuming process, which is especially useful for large sites.
SEMrush is a highly complex toolbar that reports on the overall performance of domains and the performance of individual pages. The SEO toolkit is one of the many tools available on the site.
This tool is completely free. Its tools enable you to compare the effectiveness of your page to competitors, analyze backlinks from other websites to your site, research relevant keywords and use similar SEO features on the page.
10. UpCity’s SEO Report Card
It is a free tool that allows you to analyze your website to see how it compares to competitors. After you enter the necessary information, SEO Report Card will generate a comprehensive report on your website and its metrics, which will include the following:
- Ranking analysis: It includes a Google snapshot of your website, showing your rating.
- Creating hyperlinks: It involves a detailed report on the number of websites that link to yours.
- On-site analysis: The tool reports on how well you used the keyword on your website.
- Website accessibility: It shows the time that it takes a user to access your site and the ease of access for scanners.
- Metrics of trust: It involves examining the level of trust or authority on your site.
- Relevant indexing: The tool indicates how many pages of your website have been indexed.
Using these tools, you can audit and monitor your website more efficiently. You’re always aware of which metrics are critical to your site’s success and take timely measures to perform well enough to compete in the industry.
You can significantly increase your site’s chances of promotion by following best practices in SEO and making the most of the tools listed above.